I recently installed a new set of Osram H4 60/55W lights on my ST1300. The overall experience was pretty miserable. I didn't want to remove the fairing so I spent a lot of time reaching up through the bottom of the fairing and down-through the top of the fairing.
The end-result though was a very, bright set of lights.
It's important to point out that I needed to purchase a couple of brackets for the lights to fit correctly in the ST sockets. I used the tin snips below to clip two of the posts on the lights and the bracket fit nicely over a tab on the light.
Cutting to the chase, it was hard for me to put these lights in the ST as there is very little room for large hands to maneuver in. Having a loose bracket on the lights only exacerbated the problem.
To secure the bracket to the light, briefly, while I got it into the light housing I used some Elmer's spray adhesive I had around. I sprayed the bracket carefully and quickly seated it around the base of the light. While a bit like playing the game Operation so as not to touch the light. The glue worked great. The glue sets fast and really isn't made to hold the bracket for more than a few minutes but I just needed it for about 1 minutes to get the light back into the socket. Again, the glue may have saved my sanity and allowed me to put the light into the socket correctly.
If you would like more information about doing this job or the final quality of the lights just post a comment and I'll follow-up.